Raspberry Coco-Chocolate Chia Pudding
Recipe: Raspberry Coco-Chocolate Chia Pudding
My clients know that I am not big on nutrition "rules".... however there is one rule that I stand by religiously.... never go ANYWHERE without a snack on hand. Eating small frequent meals is the best way to ensure you are getting a variety of nutrients in your diet and keeping your metabolism running high. Going long periods without eating signals your brain to actually become MORE efficient at metabolizing the nutrients in your food (the opposite of what we want for weight management and blood sugar stabilization).
Chia seed pudding is one of my favorite to-go snacks because it contains healthy fats and protein... add a little fruit (carbohydrates) and you have all three macronutrients!!! I also love it because you can make this recipe ahead of time to just grab from the fridge as you run out the door!
Serving size: 4
- 2 cups coconut milk or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (or less) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 packet of vital protein collagen peptides (optional--- for extra protein boost)
- 1 cup raspberries (topping)
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs or vegan chocolate chips (topping)
- Add main ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- Separate into 4 portions (I like to use mason jars)
- Top with raspberries, cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, granola, etc.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days
- Grab from fridge as you are running out the door and eat as breakfast or a snack!